Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (12) Former Iowa Senator pleads Guilty to Accepting bribe From Ron Paul Campaign to Dump Michele Bachmann 08/27/14
- (9) Jon Stewart Goes After Fox in Powerful Ferguson Monologue 08/27/14
- (6) New computer advice needed 08/27/14
- (4) James Corbett on MH17 ~ McAdams on Rockwell 08/27/14
- (4) Who here has a Service and will take U.S. Minted Gold and Silver dollars for payment? 08/27/14
- (4) Cops kill "COPS" in heartland accident 08/27/14
- (4) Jury Finds Texas Man Not Guilty in Shooting Death of Drunk Driver Who Killed Two Sons 08/27/14
- (3) When Idiots Keep Bees 08/27/14
- (3) Darren Wilson killed Michael Brown. Here’s why he probably won’t go to jail 08/27/14
- (2) Glen Beck Claiming "I've gone from a big hawk to not Ron Paul, but on the road to Ron Paul." 04/16/10
- (2) CDC Whistleblower, Dr. William Thompson, issues statement 08/27/14
- (2) The Server Needs To Die To Save The Internet - Article on MaidSafe 08/27/14
- (2) Mod Suggestion Box 03/27/11
- (1) Thank You to Everyone Reading DailyPaul 7 Yrs Now (Dramatic Non-Exit) 08/27/14
- (1) VIDEO: Is Rand Paul the Leader of the New Civil Rights Movement? (Rand Paul Interview) 08/26/14
The Last Hour
"Many have wondered about the status of Galt's Gulch Chile (GGC), the libertarian community that was planned and sold in lots as a liberty oasis for those who wished to live freedom before they died. My husband and I purchased an option on 1.25 acres in July 2013. Others bought 10- or 25-acre lots and some invested in the agricultural side of the venture; extremely savvy investors committed small fortunes. GGC has been an unexpectedly wild ride since then.
A Mother’s Letter: “Who Gave the Order to Kill my Children?”
Natalia, the mother of the murdered Christina, wrote a letter to the mother of Poroshenko’s children, asking: “Who gave the order to kill my children?”
I met Natalia, whose daughter and granddaughter were killed in the Grad shelling of Gorlovka by the Ukrainian troops, at the railway station in Kiev. In the eyes of the beautiful and once happy woman today there is deep pain, sadness and emptiness.
The United Nations’ World Health Organization (WHO) recommended that countries regulate electronic cigarettes by banning their use indoors. The WHO advised that e-cigarette use remain illegal indoors until studies prove that it is harmless to bystanders.
In addition, the WHO urged its 194 members to ban the sale of e-cigarettes to minors and to regulate the advertising and promotion of “vaping” devices.
From U.S. News & World Report:
Activists against GMOs just might take down the biotech giants after all. GMO labeling could soon be a sweet reality.
Last week, Colorado broke a new record by bringing 16,950 signatures to a GMO labeling campaign for fall’s election, more than double the qualifying signatures needed to make sure that GMO labeling is on the ballot. This huge message to Monsanto accompanies a similar campaign in Oregon, all while the biotech industry awaits approval from the U.S. Department of Agriculture for more Agent Orange chemicals (2,4-D) to be used where glyphosate has failed.
(CNN) -- I am a 54-year-old black woman -- a mother, lawyer and law professor. I teach at the Washington University in St. Louis Law School and live 12 miles away from Ferguson, Missouri.
The median household income in my suburb is $85,000 per year. In Ferguson, it is $36,000. In my suburb, 3.5% of the people are black. In Ferguson, almost 70% are black. These are stark contrasts. Yet I share things in common with black people in Ferguson and, indeed, throughout the United States.
A jury returned a verdict of not guilty today for a Texas father accused of the shooting death of a drunk driver who killed his two sons.
David Barajas was accused of fatally shooting 20-year-old Jose Banda in December 2012 after Banda plowed into a vehicle that Barajas and his two sons had been pushing on a rural road in Alvin, about 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The Barajas family broke into tears in the courtroom today while Jose Banda's family sat in stunned belief.
by MATTHEW BOYLE
27 Aug 2014, 9:45 AM PDT
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) certainly has a knack for boldness. On Sunday's Meet the Press, he dubbed U.S. military engagement in Libya “Hillary’s war” and stated the rise of the Islamic State (ISIS) is not a result of President Obama's inaction in the Middle East but the unintended consequence of the U.S. military engagement in Libya.
It's Our Currency And Our Problem
Most Americans don't understand that gold is not an investment- it is an asset or an insurance policy.
Gold is money.
A country's currency not backed by gold is only as good as the soundness of its monetary and fiscal policy.
California’s San Joaquin Valley is the salad bowl of the world, providing the majority of fruits and vegetables for the entire nation. But, with another man-made drought looming, the San Joaquin Valley is in danger of becoming a dust bowl unless immediate action is taken to change policies that put the needs of fish above the livelihood of people.
House Republicans have a bipartisan, comprehensive solution to end future man-made droughts, bring job and water supply certainty to the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys in California and decrease reliance on foreign food sources.